Emily Designer Stylist
Emily has been creating beautiful hairstyles for over 14 years, over half of these years at Salon Exquisite! Emily specializes in advanced hair cutting, hair painting, and event hair. She also loves to perform event hair services for offsite weddings whenever possible. Emily is not only a remarkable stylist, but she has an extraordinary personality that stands out to every client that sits in her chair!
1. What would you consider your strengths in your career to be?
My strengths in my career I would have to say is haircutting, foils and being able to suggest new hairstyles to change things up!
2. What are you most passionate about professionally?
I’m most passionate about learning! This industry is always changing and learning from others makes my job more fun and is what I most enjoy .
3. What are you most passionate about personally?
I am most passionate about being a mother to my son and daughter, they make my life so happy and keep me on my toes .
4. Why did you aspire to become a cosmetologist?
I grew up with 4 sisters and I always loved playing around with their hair and changing up my own. I knew it was something that would be a great fit because it’s ever changing.
5. Use three words to describe your personal style.
Bohemian ,floral, relaxed
6. What are three words the other Exquisite Stylists would use to describe your personality?
Sarcastic , kind, friendly
7. What do you love about Salon Exquisite?
I completely love the girls that I work with! This team really works well together; we put our heads together to get things done! Plus, I love how excited everyone is to do what they do everyday.
8. Name a few of your hobbies other than turning heads.
Some of my hobbies are new to me but I love having them in my life now! I’ve been doing more yoga at home and I honestly love reading when I have a few minutes to myself.
9. What problems do you consistently solve for your clients?
Even if it’s not as often as I would like or if it’s just a little change, I feel I am able to suggest new ideas to my clients that will make them happy and not get bored with just one style.
10. What are you complimented on most in your work?
My haircuts and blow-dries; I love finish work !
11. Why do you think Salon Exquisite is so unique?
Salon Exquisite is unique because we pride ourselves in education. It’s not a requirement by the state or at most salons that we take continuing education but at Salon Exquisite, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. All of us love to take new classes and we have grown so much as a salon because of new techniques we have all learned!
12. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
I would be Exquisite emerald green because it’s such a beautiful color that almost everyone looks good in and I love how eye catching it is .
13. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
In addition to cuts and color I also love doing event hair! It’s so much fun and ever changing!